Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Honey balsamic chicken


What is it about sugar that makes it soooo stinkin' addictive? I've always had a sweet tooth, and try as I might, I can't seem to kick the habit for good. These days, I'm trying to go with the good old moderation route, not completely eliminating sugar from my diet, but also not giving into every single craving I get for something sweet. It's all about compromise, right? This honey balsamic chicken is a pretty good example of compromise. It's slightly sweet, but still healthy, and definitely not sweet enough to cause...


It's also super easy to cook! If you can find flavored balsamic vinegar, it's fun to experiment with that, as well. I used fig balsamic vinegar and it was quite tasty.

Ingredients:

1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, sliced
olive oil spray

Whisk together vinegar and honey. Stir in garlic. Pour into a ziploc bag and add chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes. 

Spray a pan with olive oil spray. Add chicken and marinade and cook over medium high heat until completely cooked through. Enjoy!

Nutrition information (serves 4):

Calories: 205 | Fat: 3g | Carbs: 18g | Protein: 25g | Fiber: 0g


No comments:

Post a Comment