Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Easy-Peasy Italian Chicken and Veggies



Ever feel so exhausted by lunchtime that you're already dreaming of take-out for dinner, even though you know how unhealthy it can be? Yup, that was me today. I woke up crazy-early this morning to run with Back on My Feet (totally worth the dark circles!) and by lunchtime, I was already second-guessing my plans to cook tonight. Then I thought, "I'll just saute some chicken and vegetables, add some herbs and spices, and be done with it. How hard can that be?" Answer: Not that hard. Here's how it's done:

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
olive oil spray (I highly recommend the Misto)
2 tsp olive oil
2 medium bell peppers, one green, one red, cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin slices
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper, to taste

Spray a large pan with olive oil spray. Add chicken and cook until cooked through and golden brown. While the chicken is cooking, heat 2 tsp olive oil in a separate pan. Add the vegetables, basil, and garlic, and saute until tender. Add vegetables to the chicken, and sprinkle with oregano. Serve with pasta or farro (this will alter the nutrition content).

Nutrition Information:

Calories: 235 | Fat: 8g | Carbs: 7g | Protein: 33 | Fiber: ~ 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment